You have a handle on most things. Your closet is organized, and your living room is clean. But when it comes to having a fully-stocked dresser—full of every item you need for work, hanging out, and even formal events—you’re not sure what should get included. Don’t worry. We have a few modern men’s business fashion tips to help you stock your dresser with the latest looks.
Three Types Of Pants No Man Should Be Without
Your dresser drawers start with the trousers you keep. Although you can have as many of each type as you want, there are generally three categories of trousers to keep in your dresser:
- Formal: For rarer events, such as weddings, funerals, job interviews, and important business meetings. A pair of tailored trousers is a great place to start.
- Business: Trousers ideal for the business environment. You can keep it on the formal side if you wear a suit regularly, using a Pleated Microfiber Performance Trouser, or dress for business casual with a Flat Front Performance Dress Khaki.
- Casual: Plenty of options here. Shorts are perfectly casual in the warmer months. Charleston Khakis straddle the line between “business” and “casual” as well. A good pair of denim jeans would fall under the “casual” category too.
Once you have these items in your dresser, you can turn your attention to the other wardrobe necessities that help pull your outfits together.
Socks & Accessories – Pulling Your Outfit Together
Let’s say you pick out a pair of Basic Pleated Khakis for work. What should you wear with them for the outfit to make sense? If you keep these socks ready in your dresser, you’ll have no problem pulling together a cohesive look:
- Dress: Dress socks are lighter, longer, and tend to be more formal than the rest. They’re designed to give you a little bit of comfort when you put on dress shoes. You should tend to pair these with both formal and business trousers. Try to pick both solids and patterns to give yourself some options when you put your look together.
- Casual: These are the socks you might wear around the house. You have plenty of options here: thick wool socks, standard black socks, even dress socks if you like them.
- Athletic: Athletic socks are less about fashion and more about performance. They’re what you wear when you go to the gym or head outdoors for a run. It doesn’t mean you should ignore your personal style, but the priority here is foot protection and comfort.
The proper combinations of socks and trousers can do a lot to bring your outfits together. But that’s not all. You should also keep two good belts handy: a black belt and a brown belt. Together, these belts will match with just about any pair of shoes you pick out, giving you the range of style needed for both casual and formal looks.
Build Your Wardrobe With Berle
We hope these men’s business fashion tips were helpful. Ready to build your wardrobe? Check out the collections here at Berle for more great options.