At Berle, we know how much a good pair of tailored trousers means to the average man. If you select them right and enter in the right fit, your tailored trousers will be with you for a long time. And we don’t want you to think too long about it, only to change your mind after the purchase has been made. That’s why we’ve crafted this guide to finding the best-tailored trousers for you.
Phase 1: The Casual Options
Here, you’re looking for those smart-yet-stylish-yet-not-entirely-stuffy selections that you can wear for versatility’s sake. These are the pants you’ll feel comfortable wearing at more casual get-togethers just as you do at the office. They typically include “flat front” options, as flat front pants are better-suited for events in which you’ll have to do a lot of standing, including everything from weekend barbecues to walking around the office on a Tuesday afternoon. Here are some of the best tailored trousers in the “casual” department:
- Super 100s Gabardine Flat Front: Simple, modern, chic, and the key word here: minimal. If you don’t like a lot of frills and just want to dress sharp, this is your best bet.
- Super 130’s Tasmanian Gabardine Flat Front: These trousers mean business, which means you’ll want to select the color that best goes with your “power suit.”
- Polyester Wool Tropical Flat Front: The combination of polyester and wool just might be the best fabric invented on the planet—particularly if you’re from a cold weather climate and need a pair of trousers that’s durable and warm.
- Wool Flannel Flat Front: If you want something a little off the “minimalist” beaten path, the subtle flannel of this wool flat front is a great way to stand out.
Phase 2: The Formal Options
There’s nothing wrong with flat front, but if you plan on doing a lot of sitting—say, in church services or in the board room—then you’re going to need a pair of pants with pleating so that there’s a little extra give to the fabric. Pleated pants are generally known as more “formal” than casual, which is important to keep in mind when pairing these with your favorite shirts:
- Super 130’s Tasmanian Gabardine Pleated: You might remember the flat front version of these from the previous section; however, the pleated version is much more powerful, simple, and ready for business.
- Polyester Wool Tropical Pleated: The ideal combination of durability and comfort if you need your “power suit” to have some real heft to it.
- Worsted Wool Touch Finish Houndstooth Check Pleated: The textured feel of Worsted wool is surprisingly comfortable, giving you all of the protection you need without ever giving the feel of “uncomfortable formal trousers.”
Which pair represents the ideal tailored trousers for you? Only you can answer that. But thanks to all of the variable measurements we offer online, it shouldn’t be too hard to find the best tailored trousers for the buck.