First, Evaluate Your WardrobeEven if you don’t think of yourself as having a wardrobe, trust us: you do. While the hodgepodge of random apparel you’ve acquired from Christmas presents and random purchases over the years might not have a theme, you’ll still some patterns once you open up your closet.
If you had to pick a defining theme for your wardrobe, what would it be? Do you prefer single-colored pieces? Do you tend to look for a “southern gentleman” look when it come to your shirts, with Oxford Cloth Button Downs, polos, and the like? Write down a few thoughts and then move on to the next section for a recommendation.
Our Recommendations: The Trousers for Your Specific Wardrobe
Your wardrobe may have a few different characteristics. But if one style in particular stands out to you, then you can use this guide to easily find the right pair of trousers for you:
- If you have a bare bones, “I just moved out for the first time,” wardrobe, the choice is simple: Washed, Flat Front Charleston Khakis. Stick with the basic khaki color, because it’s versatile enough to match with just about any shirt or jacet you buy from here on out. It may not be as flashy as some of the other colors you see here at Berle, but it’s the ideal foundation upon which to build a new wardrobe for the first time.
- If you have a complete wardrobe, but nothing remotely fun, then you need a Seersucker Flat Front trouser—any color here will do. Seersucker isn’t just great for hot summers, but these specific colors will add a pastel feel to your wardrobe that’s been sorely missing.
- If you have a wardrobe with a lot of “southern gentleman” flair, you’ll want a pair of—what else?—Charleston Khakis. Our Flat Front Charleston Brick khakis in particular will add a splash of color to a wardrobe that likely includes a lot of navy, light blue, and white. And because they’re flat front, these particular Charleston Khakis will keep that gentlemanly formality in your wardrobe without going too far upscale.
- If you have a wardrobe full of cargo shorts, but nothing suitable for office life, then try a Wool Tropical Plain Weave Flat Front Pant. Any color here will do—as long as you have something to match it up top. And considering that you can find just about any versatile color you need among these Wool Tropical Plain Weaves, that shouldn’t be a problem.
- If your wardrobe is all summer and no winter, add an 8 Wale Luxury Corduroy Flat Front. It may not seem like it now, but your legs will thank you come autumn. These are warm, comfortable, and ideal for the cooler months.
Which wardrobe best matches your needs? And which trouser brings the most to your closet? If you don’t see your particular style above, browse our collections until you find the trousers that suit your style.