A phrase like “business casual” might sound like an oxymoron. How are you supposed to create a put-together, formal business outfit that’s also appropriate for Casual Fridays? Aren’t the two ideas at odds with each other? Fortunately, once you know the tricks of putting together a business casual look, there’s really nothing to it. Of course, if you start with a high quality pair of men’s business casual pants, you’re half way there. Here’s a quick guide to business casual fashion and three pants recommendations to help you look and feel your best.
Men’s Business Casual Fashion Tips
If you work in a casual business setting, you’re going to have to wear the same type of outfit every day—without repeating yourself. That sounds harder than it really is. There’s just a few simple things to keep in mind. The best way to ensure that you put together an outfit that looks “business casual” every time is to stick to a few good rules of thumb:
- Think “collar, but no tie.” You certainly can wear a tie in business casual outfits, but this is a good way of distinguishing a full suit from what you’ll be expected to wear in business casual.
- Focus on your trousers and shoes. You’d be surprised what casual tops you can get away with if you’re wearing a great pair of men’s business casual pants. Business-ready shoes like brown oxfords help to build a good foundation too.
- Tuck in. An untucked button down shirt is a casual option. Tuck it in to a great pair of business casual pants with a leather belt, however, and you’re looking office-appropriate. If you’re layering with a button-down shirt underneath, it’s still a good move to tuck it in. Business casual should always look “clean,” even when your outfit leans more toward the casual side of the spectrum.
With these rules in mind, you should have no problem putting together a business casual outfit every single weekday—so long as you have the right clothes to pull it off. That’s where these three recommendations come in handy.
3 Great Pairs of Men’s Business Casual Pants
- Charleston Khakis. Charleston Khakis are the quintessential business casual trouser because they work well with just about anything: blazers, sweaters, button-downs, etc. You could wear a pair of Charleston Khakis every day of the week and pull off five unique outfits that look nothing alike.
- Microfiber Performance Trousers. If you’re going to wear business casual a lot, you’re going to need a lot of performance out of your trousers—and that means water and stain resistance. That’s what you’ll find in our Microfiber Performance Trousers: a perfect option for your less graceful side.
- Prime Poplin Flat Front. Our Prime Poplin Flat Front pants are a classic light trouser that will look good paired with just about anything—much like the Charleston Khakis. There are a range of colors available here to help you break up the monotony of the same pants day in and day out, helping your business casual outfits “pop.”
Shop Berle Today
Want to expand beyond business casual? Browse our full collection of fine men’s trousers to find great options from casual weekend pants to executive conference room trousers.