- Super 100's Gabardine
- Super 130's Tasmanian
- Wool Flannel
- Tropical Plain Weave
- Poly/Wool Tropical
- Stretch Wool
- Basic Khakis
- Performance Dress Khaki
- Prime Poplin
- Poly Cord
Men's Corduroy Trousers
Even for those who are not in the garment business, corduroy is an unmistakable fabric. The ridges that you no doubt associate with corduroy are known as wales, and they give the fabric the unique feel that allows it to stand out from the rest. Shop men’s corduroy trousers from Berle today, and you can count on a comfortable, luxurious experience. Learn more about corduroy pants and how to style them below.
What Is Corduroy?
At its most basic, corduroy is a fabric weave that incorporates twisted yarns to produce a thick, ribbon-like structure. These small “cords” running down the side of the fabric make it easy to spot. The textured, warm feel to the fabric is just as unmistakable.
Corduroy is often considered a “cousin” of velvet, though velvet is usually much more expensive because it’s produced from silk. Corduroy, however, is usually produced with cotton, which in addition to lowering the price offers a comfortable touch.
It’s All Cotton
If you enjoy cotton fabrics for your various articles of clothing, these corduroy pants are sure to be a winner in your book. Made from 100% cotton, you’ll enjoy everything that this classic material provides. You’ll also be able to pick from a variety of options when ordering your garment, which is consistent with the shopping experience you’ll always find at Berle.
You can pick between flat front and pleated men’s corduroy trousers. You can also pick your color and customize other elements like rise, bottom finish, and inseam. When you open the box containing your order, you should find a pair of pants that is precisely what you had in mind.
Where Do Corduroy Pants Fit In Your Wardrobe?
Are they casual alternatives to jeans or a little bit dressier? Are they just for hanging out with friends, or are they office-appropriate? To place corduroy pants in their proper context, here’s what you need to know:
- Men’s corduroy pants rate a tick above jeans on the “dressiness” scale, which makes them office-appropriate when paired with the right clothes. (More on that in the next section). There are even entire suits comprised wholly of corduroy.
- Corduroy trousers offer a warm fall and winter alternative to khakis. If you want to add versatility to your wardrobe, investing in multiple pairs of cords in different colors will help you break up the monotony of the usual work uniform.
But let’s take it a step further and show how you can best dress up corduroy for office use, in formal wear, and at important events.
How To Dress Up Men’s Cords
Since corduroy is versatile enough for casual wear but easy to dress up, you have a lot of options here:
- Match with a corduroy blazer. Corduroy suits are a little more casual than the usual suit, but no less office-ready. A normal jacket will work just as well. Stick with blues and greys if you’re going with the more common brown colors for the pants.
- Layer a shirt and tie with corduroy. Corduroy does very well with layers, especially when the temperatures dip. This means you can pair a sweater, button-down shirt, and tie with your corduroy pants and never miss a beat.
- Keep it simple. On cooler days, try pairing corduroy pants like our 8 Wale Luxury Corduroy with a crisp dress shirt and a simple vest.
The Berle Experience
At Berle, we are about more than clothes. Sure, everything starts with our high-quality, luxury garments, but we focus just as much on the experience that you will have as a customer. We want you to be impressed from start to finish, and we take steps like offering free shipping on regular price orders and complimentary hemming on trousers to make sure that’s the case. Place your order today and see what Berle is all about!